Taste good life at Santorini. Coming to Santorini and not experiencing a wine tour, offering such a colourful spectrum of unique and truly local grape varieties, would be a true loss. Live the santorini wine tour experience, visit the top sights of Santorini and have an introductory 5 hour winemaking tour.
Hear about the ancient vineyards of Santorini, the history of the island through the centuries and how the rich volcanic soils influence and add instinctive notes to local winemaking, renderings its produce unique throughout the world. Are you prepared to see how wine is made from the harvest to the final process?
A walk on the wine side
During Santorini wine tour, we will have the opportunity to visit 2 traditional wineries and explore 11 different wines which are served alongside local delicacies. We will visit first Gavalas winery. It is the only winery on the island that is still stomping the grapes the old way. Next, We will see a number of antique items, such a grape press and wicker baskets. Then, we will visit the second winery Estate Argyros. Moreover, the winery has just moved to an impressive contemporary building. Embark on a journey to the world of Santorini wines and learn all about the grape varieties and their end result as wines.
How do Santorini’s microclimates and volcanic soils affect the flavours and notes of its’ wines? With Santorini wine tour, get introduced to a bounty of secret corners of the island only a local would be able to show and tell. Both wine experts and experienced tour guides will be your escorts on this unique Santorini wine tour. We then continue to discover the traditional village of Pyrgos, the highest village in Santorini with a typical Fortress Settlement which was declared a protected UNESCO settlement in 1995. On the hilltop, you will find ruins of Kasteli Castle, one of the five `Kastelia`, found on Santorini island. So, let’s raise our glasses!
- Take this Santorini wine tour at the countryside and visit the most distinctive two wineries on the island and learn of course, where they produce the wines.
- Taste a selection of 11 different wine styles from Santorini such as the distinctive Assyrtiko, the tasteful Nykteri and the sweet Vinsanto.
- Walk around a volcanic vineyard and learn also about the island’s unique viticulture.
- Explore the cellars of each winery and see where their wine is bottled and matured.
- Enjoy a platter of cheese and cold cuts and traditional delicatessen items of Greek origin. to eat alongside wine-tastings.
- Discover the history of Santorini not only through its wine-making but also through the visit of Pyrgos Village with our tour Guide.
- Enjoy personalized attention on a small-group tour with a of six people maximum.
- Hotel pickup & drop-off.
- Wine tasting including 10 local Santorinian wines
- Platter of cheese and cold cuts and traditional delicatessen items of Greek origin.
- Fuel surcharge.
- Pick up and drop off.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All taxes
- Admissions and tasting fees at the wineries
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks